by Amy Lawson, MBA, CDFA®
27 Reasons to Celebrate Being Divorced
Divorce can be daunting, but it’s not all bad. In fact, there are some really great reasons to celebrate being single.
Below is a List of 27 Reasons to Celebrate
- You can sleep diagonally on the bed.
- You can drink from the milk carton without wiping off the lipstick when you’re finished.
- You can decorate the house to reflect YOUR taste and your taste alone and if that taste includes a pink sofa, even better.
- You can cut your hair as short as you like without hearing, “Why don’t you let your hair grow out?” in that disappointing tone.
- You avoid the irritation of repeating “I prefer my hair short.” for the 120th time.
- You have time to wash your hair, assuming you want to wash your hair.
- No one asks you, “Where’s my clean underwear?”
- You avoid the irritation of repeating “In your underwear drawer.” for the 1040th time.
- You have less laundry to wash.
- You won’t find razor stubble in the bathroom sink, unless you decide to sit on the sink and shave your legs, IF you want to shave your legs at all.
- The only slob you have to pick up after is you, assuming your kids are grown and on their own.
- You can order a pizza with YOUR favorite toppings ON THE ENTIRE PIZZA.
- You can eat the entire pizza.
- You can eat cereal for dinner and no one complains.
- Your grocery bill is cut in half (at least).
- Your toilet seat rests in its proper place.
- You decide which way the toilet paper rolls off the roll.
- You seldom run out of toilet paper.
- YOUR friends are your friends.
- Any night out can be a girls’ night out.
- You spend holidays with YOUR people.
- You spend your money according to YOUR spending plan.
- You buy those cute shoes without guilt or justification.
- You decide where to retire.
- You can dream a new dream when the old one feels nightmarish.
- You can live YOUR new dream.
- You can have a man who is a fabulous cook, who is handy around the house, who can fix your car, and who rocks your world in bed, and none of them ever have to meet!
Wishing you Peace & Plenty (and an ever-growing list of reasons to celebrate)!
Your gray girlfriend,